Originally constructed in 1909 to hang the game shot on the estate, the Game Larder is the octagonal building adjacent to the car park. The stone structure of the Game Larder was fully dismantled and the concrete filler joist roof, a later addition, was removed and replaced with a new traditional lead roof. The steel framed windows and doors were manufactured to the original details found in the archive at Chatsworth as these were missing. The tiled floor was painstakingly restored (see before and after photos) and the space fitted out with interpretation on the Chatsworth Park and wider Landscape.
Work to the structure was funded by Natural England